2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by Cheap Website Design might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and other essential details.
- Cheap Website Design (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Cheap Website Design (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
a. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Cheap Website Design to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Cheap Website Design;
b. any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a Cheap Website Design website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
c. during any transaction with us; and
d. any other data which you provide to Cheap Website Design when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- Cheap Website Design will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Cheap Website Design uses and the security policies which Cheap Website Design has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
Cheap Website Design may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Cheap Website Design’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Cheap Website Design website(s) and other services and developing Cheap Website Design’s marketing plans.
- if you have given your consent for Cheap Website Design to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Cheap Website Design to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by Cheap Website Design as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Cheap Website Design website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Cheap Website Design’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Cheap Website Design and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Cheap Website Design to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an Cheap Website Design website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to Cheap Website Design.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Cheap Website Design does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the Cheap Website Design websites, Cheap Website Design may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
OUR USE OF OUR SITE MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY.